Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MartinIan
Star
Star

Hi Not sure of the model number, but I have two cameras connected to solar panels in the same area. One is working fantastically and has never needed a charge, but the other lasts 3-4 days. I have used the app to align and so am getting direct sunlight. Could it be a faulty panel or cable? Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinIan
Star
Star

Solved. Swapped cameras, restarted base station and all working.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you getting a charge indicator when the panel is in sunlight (battery with lightning bolt)? Any error messages?

brh
Master
Master

@MartinIan

If the cameras are up high, then troubleshooting will be a pain in the a## but first I would try swapping cameras bieng sure that the plugs are inserted firmly. 

I recently moved one of my cameras slightly that had been working for a long time. Suddenly I got the red icon with the exclamation point in it with the message that the battery would not charge. I had an extra Solar Panel and camera that I had not mounted yet, so first I changed the Solar panel. No Dice. Next I changed the cable. Again no change. I swapped the camera out with the new one and it worked. So then I remounted the old camera and the problem returned. Swapped out the batteries and everything worked on both cameras. I cleaned the contacts on the old battery and camera and swapped the batteries back. Everything is working properly.

My guess is that either the cables are not inserted firmly enough or the battery is not making a good connection.

Good luck,

Brian

MartinIan
Star
Star

No error message. I'll need to check the charging indicator.

MartinIan
Star
Star

Cool. I will try this.

MartinIan
Star
Star

Hi

I swapped the camera and so far so good. Both are charging. I'll come back if they still don't operate correctly in a few more days.

MartinIan
Star
Star

Solved. Swapped cameras, restarted base station and all working.