Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Musicboy
Tutor
Tutor
Hi All,
I have subscribed Smart Notifications, I activated only people detection, but this morning Arlo detected a bird and the alarm stated. Why?
11 REPLIES 11
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

When you mention alarm, Did the siren on the base station sound or did you receive a push notification alert?

Musicboy
Tutor
Tutor
Unfortunately both.
Also, I have to add that Arlo detected Bee and the alarm started. Not only, during a storm, the alarm started. All this with only people detection activated.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have a rule set with the siren to be activated? Have you tried to reboot the base station & test again?

Musicboy
Tutor
Tutor
I have restarted the base station only now, therefore I'll let you know.
The rule for the alarm you can see into the file attached.
Musicboy
Tutor
Tutor
I confirm you that after reboot, this morning Arlo detected a Bee and the alarm started. In My opinione, Smart Notifications is not running well. Let me know if you have any suggestions, otherwise I have to cancel the subscription. Thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Musicboy

Have you tried to reboot this camera by removing > re-inserting the battery? you can also try and remove the camera from the active cameras list for smart & re-add it.

Musicboy
Tutor
Tutor
Hello,
I reboot the camera by removing > re-inserting the battery and I tried to remove the camera from the active cameras list for smart and I re-add it. This I had the same issue, Arlo detected a Bee...
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Musicboy

Is it possible to try and remove the camera froms Settings > My Devices & re-add it again and test?

Musicboy
Tutor
Tutor
I already remove the camera and re-add ed, but the issue is the same.
Are you sure that Smart Notifications is working well? Not only for me, but general speaking.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Musicboy
Tutor
Tutor
I'm reading in this community that there are other people with My issue, therefore, are you sure that your AI Smart Notifications working well? I'm paying for this feature.