Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sharing access to cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ilaudio
Tutor
Tutor

Trying to allow my wife to see our base stations and cameras. She accepted invite and created an account but don't see where our cameras show up on her app.

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do both of you see the same thing when you log in? The current app supports 2 user interfaces, the old one that uses Library to view recordings and the new UI that uses Feed. Both must see the same thing so it's possible you need to migrate your account so it matches hers.

When both UIs are the same, she needs to click on Home near the top of the screen and choose the bottom choice. Every user gets their own Home location so she needs to choose yours. I suggest renaming Home to make it obvious.

ilaudio
Tutor
Tutor

Not sure how to change the UI. Her display has dashboard, feed, emergency, devices and routines across the bottom. Mine has devices library and mode. She is getting notifications from cameras just can never see the feeds.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You will need to migrate your account by choosing to add a Pro 5, security system or any Essential Gen. 2 camera. You don't need to actually buy one of these since it's just a ploy to get the migration to occur. The first step in the "installation" is to migrate your account after which you can just back out of the bogus install. Note that the new UI is significantly different so you need to at least check your modes in rules in Routines to ensure they transferred or if you need to edit the modes and create new rules. Same thing with any schedules and geofencing, if appropriate. Once you're using the new UI, she should see the cameras by clicking on Home and choosing the bottom choice.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062777/About-Arlo-Routines-Modes-Rules-and-Automations

ilaudio
Tutor
Tutor

That won't force me on a subscription plan will it?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not unless you have systems set up in different locations (depending on what systems those are since the legacy systems, Pro 2 and older, still have the free 7 day plan).

ilaudio
Tutor
Tutor

I have 2 base set ups with a total of 6 cameras at same location...2 accounts. Both are pro 1 systems

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

6 cameras in one account triggers a subscription need for at least the 6th camera. The free plan is for 7 days using up to 5 cameras so any additional need a sub.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

6 cameras in one account triggers a subscription need for at least the 6th camera. The free plan is for 7 days using up to 5 cameras so any additional need a sub.

... which is likely why @ilaudio has two accounts

Both of these account would need to be migrated to "Feed" in order to share the cameras with a new account.