Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Shared User Modes

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mwandaw
Follower
Follower

Our Arlo Pro system is registered using my email address.

I have granted access to all of the cameras in the system to my wife using her email address. She has Access Rights. If I change the system Mode from within my account, it does not seem to change the system Mode in her account. Is this true? Why?

I have also granted access to all of the cameras in the system to my mother-in-law using her email address. She does NOT have Access Rights. That means she cannot change the system Mode. Looking at the system from within her account, I can't tell what Mode the system is in. What mode will her account use?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Everyone has the same mode. MAIL can't change but your wife's account should show the active mode. Try reinstalling the app and restart her phone.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
MAIL should be MIL.
Delboyii
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a related question, I set my wife's profile to have Access Rights which does enable her to change the mode by launching the iPhone app and selecting Modes. However the IOS 'press & hold' popup menu only shows a Share option, whilst my IOS app popup allows myself to change the mode from thee popup menu without entering the app itself?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Delboyii,

What model iOS device does your wife have? Not all iOS devices have 3D Touch.

For more information, take a look here: How do I use 3D Touch to switch modes for all of my Arlo devices simultaneously?

JamesC