Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Settings on Arlo Pro changing

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Rescuer
Follower
Follower

I have had problems intermittantly with the settings for the cameras changing by themselves.  Today they are changing within 5-10 minutes of changing them on the IOS app and the web interface.  The cameras have been turned off, the record/do nothing changes to do nothing in spite of repeated record setting / saving.  The push notifications change, and the motion / audio settings change.

I restarted the Arlo hub remotely today since I have no immediate physical access today and that did not help.

I am setting the parameters under Mode/Smartthings/Custom mode for 4 individual Arlo Pro cameras.  ALL of them have settings changing by themselves.

3 REPLIES 3
aaronse
Aspirant
Aspirant

Am experiencing same/similar issue, started 1-2 days ago.  Am observing camera settings/rules are changing by themselves.  Getting corrupted somehow.  Camera's not intended to fire alerts are firing alerts.

About ~1-2days ago, started to notice alerts not being sent for 1 of my 5 cameras.  Have fixed and saved the settings multiple times only to find that they get reset to some other state within 5-60 minutes.

Will try hub reset, and removing and resyncing cameras.  But from black box perspective, looks like settings are being overwritten, suspect bug in arlo storage, 'm not interesting enough to have been hacked by anyone.

Am using Android app version v2.4.5_18241, released 9/28/17.

Also have SmartThings hub and several Alexa dots.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

aaronse,

This sounds like it could be a problem with SmartThings. If you remove the system from smart things and use the Arlo Mobile app, do you experience the same behavior?

JamesC

MSteadman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Definately a smartthings issue - I troubleshot this all weekend to no avail -today I removed arlo altogether from smartthings and reset arlo mode and rules and it is working fine...  like the others, my settings were being changed back within minutes - and I tried both IOS and Windows/web so none of the older FAQ suggestions were applicable... this is a new, smartthings issue.  I've contacted ARLO support but they were not v-helpful (created a new rule and told me to call back if it changed - it changed before we hung up so I figured I would just keep trying on my own since they didn't really seem to have this as a known issue)...  hopefully smartthings will fix this as I use the arlo motion sensor to control outside lights and right now I cannot do this since I have killed the integration.