Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jimk4625
Follower
Follower

Fourth camera won’t sync, no lights coming on

6 REPLIES 6
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Remove and refit the battery then attach the charger to the 4th camera and then try and sync. it.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Take a battery out of one of the other cameras and insert it into this camera. Look for a blue LED to flash on the front of the  4th camera. If not blinking LED, briefly press the sync button on the camera. If that yields a blue LED slowly flashing, press the sync button on the base station

JamesWheeler
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was unable to sync my single Arlo Pro camera to the base station over multiple tries.  Went through all the online troubleshooting processes with no success.  Finally phoned Arlo support.  The agent walked me throught the same steps that had been failing, and they failed again.  Finally she suggested powering off the base station and power cycling my router.  I was extremely skeptical, because the base station was online to the internet and I could see it through the app, activiate the alarm, etc.  The only issue was syncing the camera.

Imagine my surprise when, after bring up the router, and then the base station, the camera pairing worked!  I can't imagine how this could possibly have changed things, but it seems it did.  Camera is working now.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Great result. I'd suspect wifi interference from the router was the cause of the problem

JamesWheeler
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems unlikely, since the router was back on when the successful sync happened.  Then again, this remedy makes no sense to me, except that it apparently worked.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Restarting the router might have changed the 2.4GHz channel it uses and the base would restart with the same channel as the closest wifi network. Either way, it works now so all good