Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setting up a new Arlo Pro base station and I'm not given the option of local storage

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sawhorse30
Aspirant
Aspirant

Setting up a new Arlo Pro base station and I'm not given the option of local storage so I can't recoed to a USB device.  

Suggestions please.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro base allows a backup record to the usb port ...via a hd or speedstick ( easier  to do )

You don't mention what format your stting it up on , if at all possible, setup on a PC

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
sawhorse30
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using an external hard drive formated to exFAT.  Base station USB light does not come on and in Settings, My Devices and selecting the base station t here is no option for local storage.

Also formatted a USB stick to FAT32. The base station USB light does come on but no option in settings for local storage.

jrh1194
Aspirant
Aspirant

You indicated that you have the VMB300 base. I could be wrong, but I don’t believe that the VMB3000 base has the usb backup capability. You may want to check and verify this.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes the Arlo/ 3000 does not have the USB port active and there is no option for a drive there.... But the newer Pro that he mentioned does.

btw it must be formatted in Fat32 

Morse is faster than texting!
jrh1194
Aspirant
Aspirant

He mentioned the Pro, but his post states that he had a VMB3000 base.