Set of 6 cameras with basestation

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Makusiaga
Tutor
Tutor

So as I expected - when I synced my 6th camera with basestation I was informed that free cloud is only available for up to 5 cameras. How can you not call this false advertising? When I purchased set of 6 cameras I was informed that there's free cloud. Nowhere on website or box cover did it say there's a limit to 5 cameras. 

I'm waiting for reply from Customer Support, but if they say that my only option is to purchase paid cloud subscription I will not be too happy. 

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Someplace on or in the box should be info as to how to utilize the 6th camera for free since it's part of a set. It may be as simple as using the specific model number specified on the box when first configuring it.  You likely will need to reset the system to do this or have support reset your account.  I haven't set one of these systems up but these suggestions seem to be what has worked in the past.

Makusiaga
Tutor
Tutor

Negative, no such information on or in the box. On top of that I just received big middle finger from Arlo support saying that I'm free to purchase paid subscription or return the set to store. 

I'm pretty sure there was no information on Arlo website about 5 camera limit, and I think it was only recently added. Plenty of people here were not aware of 5 camera limit. 

Anyone knows if I'll at least be able to record video on local drive?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Makusiaga wrote:

Anyone knows if I'll at least be able to record video on local drive?

The Pro does have a USB port for a usb drive/speed stick ...but it really is a backup drive.  It records the same that goes to the cloud so if internet drops it will continue to save the videos.  These BTW, are not directly accessable in the prgm, the drive must be ejected an put into another device to play the mp4 files.  Most use a speed stick of 5gb or more as it is easy to remove/replace.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Makusiaga
Tutor
Tutor
Sadly, I've noticed that without additional subscription I can't even use 6th camera to record locally. All or nothing 😕
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
@JamesC, any help?

The 5 camera limit has always been clearly spelled out for the free plan. I knew it over 2 years ago when I got my first system.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
BTW, what is the system model ID?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jguerdat,

Correct. There has always been a 5 camera limit on the free Basic plan.

There are however some kits (such as the VMK3500) that are packaged with more than 5 cameras. These kits have a special sku allowing the 6th camera to be viewed without upgrading from the Basic plan.

That being said, it sounds like that isn't the case here.

Makusiaga,

Was this a bundle (all separately packaged devices) or were all 6 cameras part of the same kit?

JamesC

Makusiaga
Tutor
Tutor
JamesC - all part of one kit, packed by Netgear, the one that is still advertised on Arlo.com website.
Makusiaga
Tutor
Tutor

jguerdat - VMS4630 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Makusiaga,

Are you using the kit outside of the US/Canada? These 6 camera kits have a promotional SKU allowing the 6th camera to be viewed but this is only available if the system is registered within the US/Canada.

JamesC

Makusiaga
Tutor
Tutor
JamesC - bought the kit in the US, but using now outside US/Canada