Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why limit the camera’s capacity by blocking the top portion of the camera?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sally_999
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a problem with Arlo blocking the top portion of the camera with a gray area. Around April 17, my camera picked up a car drove thru the street slowly at 4 am in the morning and looking suspicious. Today I looked, and the camera facing the street doesn’t pick up the street activities anymore. The activity zone setting used to be there isn’t there. Why limit the camera’s capacity by blocking the top portion of the camera? The cameras are there for security reasons, and they need to take full activities to be effective. Tightening up your security measures and limit what your insiders can do to customers apps please! I don’t share password with anyone, and only I have access to the app. It’s got be someone your insider who can access customers apps to make changes.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be fastest to remove and resync the camera to get back to a known point. Create new zones as needed. However, note that these cameras have never been marketed for watching cars. That's why the detection range is ~25 feet - that's for people.  ANything else is gravy (unless they're considered false triggers).

I can't say why your zone disappeared. I just checked mine and there's no such thing as a gray area blocking the top area of the camera view and there never has been. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

When using Position Mode in Device utility there is a gray are on the top but that area does not detect motion at least on Pro3 cams.  Everywhere else it is not there.