Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Scheduling two cameras independently

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
PK02116
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve looked through a bunch of threads, but still can’t resolve my problem.  I have a two camera system.  One at the front door and one in back.  I want the front door armed at all times.  I want to use geofencing on the back one so that it is armed when we are away, and uses schedule when we are home so that it is armed only overnight.  

I can get the geofencing to work so that it arms both cameras when are are away and then both overnight, but I can’t figure out how to pull out the front camera so that it is also always armed even when we are home.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You have to create a custom mode to split up the cameras...You have all on (ARMED ) so you need to split out the Front Door

You have currently A&B, but the other two can be A only and B only

When away use the geozone like you do  now( both on/Armed ),

and when home use the geozone schedule at night ( both on ).. Just that you have to add a mode call Front Door and add that into your schedule so it is on by itself when the other mode ( both on ) isn't active

Tip;

only one mode can run at a time

any camera NOT in the active mode is off

If you run thru midnight split it up to 1159pm and next day at start at midnight

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You have to create a custom mode to split up the cameras...You have all on (ARMED ) so you need to split out the Front Door

You have currently A&B, but the other two can be A only and B only

When away use the geozone like you do  now( both on/Armed ),

and when home use the geozone schedule at night ( both on ).. Just that you have to add a mode call Front Door and add that into your schedule so it is on by itself when the other mode ( both on ) isn't active

Tip;

only one mode can run at a time

any camera NOT in the active mode is off

If you run thru midnight split it up to 1159pm and next day at start at midnight

Morse is faster than texting!
PK02116
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was happy I figured out about the scheduling overnight in that you had to have two separate "adds" for each day, but I'm still not getting when you talked about additing the second mode.  So I stared at the schedule for about 5 minutes and finally figured out to simply "add" the front camera for all other times!  So simple!!  Thanks, you were great.  I can't tell you how many other answers I saw you posted, so am just glad you reached out to help me too!!