Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Safari-Specific Error Message - related to Adobe Flash Player

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Clemens63
Guide
Guide

Only when working on my computer in Safari (vs. computer/Chrome; never occurs on my iPhone via the Arlo app), I get the following error message when I try to view one of my Arlo Pro cameras (running from the VMB4000 base station).  I checked to make sure that Adobe Flash Player is enabled on the computer (it is), have restarted the base station (no luck) and made sure that local storage on USB wasn't enabled on the base station (it was - as I had considered using but then did not, so I disabled; also restarted base post this change).   No luck in getting this error removed from Safari.    I could use help on how to get this error message removed - as selecting Approve or Deny isn't possible (it is just a picture on top of my live camera feeds).

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not sure why you are seeing that (I'm not a Mac user).  But you could try control-click on the image.  Or just stick with Chrome.

Clemens63
Guide
Guide

Chrome definitely works - but not the standard browser I use (Safari instead).  The control/click option doesn't work either.  Thanks for the suggestions.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Clemens63 wrote:

Only when working on my computer in Safari (vs. computer/Chrome; never occurs on my iPhone via the Arlo app), I get the following error message when I try to view one of my Arlo Pro cameras (running from the VMB4000 base station).  I checked to make sure that Adobe Flash Player is enabled on the computer (it is), have restarted the base station (no luck) and made sure that local storage on USB wasn't enabled on the base station (it was - as I had considered using but then did not, so I disabled; also restarted base post this change).   No luck in getting this error removed from Safari.    I could use help on how to get this error message removed - as selecting Approve or Deny isn't possible (it is just a picture on top of my live camera feeds).

Yes.  These seems like it has been a problem for a very long time.  I think it has the same problem with Firefox on a Mac.  I had to install Chrome (against my own wishes) for my wife, so she could watch Arlo cameras on her Mac.  Hopefully Arlo’s (possibly new?) software team will get around to this problem at some point.  It is a total PITA.