Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
marlinkjs
Guide
Guide

I have 3 Arlo Pro cameras on my house close to the beach. After one season, the most protected (under balcony roof) has become destroyed by rust. The external connector port, the female screw.............now it is a $150 table weight. I bought these expensive cameras as they are described as IP65 but they are not fir for purpose.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Opening a case is the only way to get an RMA. A user forum can't help.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

contact Arlo support;

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
marlinkjs
Guide
Guide
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Opening a case is the only way to get an RMA. A user forum can't help.

marlinkjs
Guide
Guide

I'm not really looking for help. I did open a case - no help whatsoever. I am interested in making other potential users aware that although the cameras are marketed as outdoor, and say they are IP65 - mine rusted away in a single season. Pretyty poor fopr a very expensive camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

None of my widely varying cameras have this issue. Yours seems to be a one-off for some reason.

marlinkjs
Guide
Guide

yes - i have other cameras at the same location - none of which are affected. That is why I thought support and opening a case may help ....................but they would not. Not even advice about how i may go about trying to clean the camera myself.

Just an expensive rusty paperweight

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it possible it's not really rust since you say it occurs on multiple surfaces? I'd think different metals/alloys would be used on the different components.

You can try again with support to see if a different person would help.

marlinkjs
Guide
Guide

walks like rust, talks like rust................but as you say, it is on the female screw (which i would have thought was stainless) as well as the connector.

I didn't realise the support was a but of a lottery - it is too rustrating (pun........)