Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

One of our cams, it started this morning, the activated symbol (running man) started staying on with no recordings. So we removed it, added it, it was fine, until we mounted it then it stopped recording and symbol stayed on again. So we removed it.

Then we got out a brand NEW pro-2 camera, added it, did firmware update, tested it, all was good. Mounted it and now its running man is on with no recordings! 

WTH???!!! Our other 4 cams are business as usual with no changes.

Ideas anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

We got curious and finally just unplugged the base, waited a few minutes then plugged it back in and voila! everything working as expected ever since.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

I should also mention that when I tun the camera off, the symbol still says it is activated (it still shows yellow). wth

dcfox1
Master
Master

After the first post I would have said that if you have activity zone set and the motion is outside of it it still records since it has to be processed to disregard the recordings since you tried two cams in the  same spot.  But if the  cam off  in settings it shouldn't record at all unless I am missing something also. Mabey somebody has more insight. 

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

The symbol stays yellow in settings when it is turned off but not on the cam feed. Crazy that it has been two cameras doing the same thing even though the new cam had never been out of the box until we added it. 

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Also, they were both full view, no activity zone, just armed at 100%.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A "sometimes" solution is to clear the browser or app cache.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

We got curious and finally just unplugged the base, waited a few minutes then plugged it back in and voila! everything working as expected ever since.