Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Request Feedback: What rules do you set for inside Arlo Pro cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi Community,

I am new to the Arlo systems. I purchased an Arlo Pro pack that includes four cameras and a basestation. I have to say that I found the setup and mobile app very easy going. I had no noteworthy troubleshooting problems during setup.

I've since added a mode labeled "Custom" and have rules for each of my four cameras. I have changed the motion recording rules on each camera to increase the time recorded on sense of motion. I currently have three of my four cameras mounted outside. The fourth and final camera, which is mounted inside, covers the main drag of the home and is the safest bet of capturing footage of suspects in the event of a burglary or other unauthorized entry.

My question is this: For you other Arlo users, what kind of rules have you set for inside cameras? I have a concern that I'm going to continuously trip the motion sensor, record every other minute, burn out the battery and have way too many recordings. I have considered the geofencing feature but it's not right for me due to the amount of people in the home at different hours. I really want at least one camera inside the home to demonstrate a crime being committed in the event there's someone in the home. Can you guys float some ideas with me regarding inside camera rules?

Thanks,

Dave

Quick note: If anyone with juice reads these posts, I do suggest adding the ability to change the order of rules similar to device order. It would be easier to manage, especially when you're getting up to four or five cameras plus. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I'm back,

Solved!

The solution that worked for me was to leave motion recording for the inside camera off but flip it on with motion of select other cameras. I can fiddle with the length of recording timer later. Anyway, it's good enough for me. I'm replying and leaving the thread up for any interested eyeballs.

Thanks anyway,

Dave

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I'm back,

Solved!

The solution that worked for me was to leave motion recording for the inside camera off but flip it on with motion of select other cameras. I can fiddle with the length of recording timer later. Anyway, it's good enough for me. I'm replying and leaving the thread up for any interested eyeballs.

Thanks anyway,

Dave