Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Replaced batteries, app still says that it is time to replace the batteries

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
Jetlag18
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone.  One of our cameras had "tired" batteries.  After I replaced them, the app still says that it is time to replace the batteries.  If I turn the camera off and then on in the app it reflects 100% but then goes offline.  I thought that it was a camera issue, but when I signed into my account on a computer everything was fine.  Anyone else having issues with the app since that last update?

12 REPLIES 12
Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

Try to uninstall the app and re-install and it back 🙂

Jetlag18
Aspirant
Aspirant

I uninstalled and installed the app but that didn't solve the problem.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

verify the batteries are all installed correctly

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jetlag18
Aspirant
Aspirant

The batteries are in correctly.  On my iphone the app reflects dead batteries.  On my laptop the camera is functioning properly.  It seems to be a bug in the app

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary
This happened to me yesterday one of my batteries was low so I put a fresh fully charged battery in. When it connected the red empty battery came up and I got the low battery. I put it back in the charger to verify it was charged tried again with the same result. I then swapped another charged battery from a different camera and put the battery showing empty into that camera and both cameras showed fully charged. They are still 100% and working fine. I was using my android phone.
Jetlag18
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras are the original arlo wireless so I am not using rechargeable batteries.  I tried 3 different sets of batteries with the same result.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting the base, too.

Steven_Jackson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am seeing the same thing. Seems to be a bug in the iOS app.

Works fine on my PC, and recordings still happening.

Hopefully will be addressed in an update.

bob_hk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had this issue for months now and several IOS app updates have not solved the issue. Replacing the batteries, removing and re-adding the camera to the base, nothing worked.

Everytime I try to view the live feed of this 1 camera, it shows the dreaded "its time to change your batteries" message, even there are 100% new batteries in it and accessing the cam through safari/chrome web interface works just fine.

Netgear can't seem to fix this issue for a while now.

Bishopdavid
Aspirant
Aspirant

two camera out. even when charged batteries installed. om ,t computer

HELP: Smiley Frustrated  

Bishopdavid
Aspirant
Aspirant

OH no did I buy buggy cameras?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Bishopdavid,

Have you tried to reboot your base station and test again?