Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
Jetlag18
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone.  One of our cameras had "tired" batteries.  After I replaced them, the app still says that it is time to replace the batteries.  If I turn the camera off and then on in the app it reflects 100% but then goes offline.  I thought that it was a camera issue, but when I signed into my account on a computer everything was fine.  Anyone else having issues with the app since that last update?

12 REPLIES 12
Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

Try to uninstall the app and re-install and it back 🙂

Jetlag18
Aspirant
Aspirant

I uninstalled and installed the app but that didn't solve the problem.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

verify the batteries are all installed correctly

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jetlag18
Aspirant
Aspirant

The batteries are in correctly.  On my iphone the app reflects dead batteries.  On my laptop the camera is functioning properly.  It seems to be a bug in the app

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary
This happened to me yesterday one of my batteries was low so I put a fresh fully charged battery in. When it connected the red empty battery came up and I got the low battery. I put it back in the charger to verify it was charged tried again with the same result. I then swapped another charged battery from a different camera and put the battery showing empty into that camera and both cameras showed fully charged. They are still 100% and working fine. I was using my android phone.
Jetlag18
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras are the original arlo wireless so I am not using rechargeable batteries.  I tried 3 different sets of batteries with the same result.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting the base, too.

Steven_Jackson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am seeing the same thing. Seems to be a bug in the iOS app.

Works fine on my PC, and recordings still happening.

Hopefully will be addressed in an update.

bob_hk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had this issue for months now and several IOS app updates have not solved the issue. Replacing the batteries, removing and re-adding the camera to the base, nothing worked.

Everytime I try to view the live feed of this 1 camera, it shows the dreaded "its time to change your batteries" message, even there are 100% new batteries in it and accessing the cam through safari/chrome web interface works just fine.

Netgear can't seem to fix this issue for a while now.

Bishopdavid
Aspirant
Aspirant

two camera out. even when charged batteries installed. om ,t computer

HELP: Smiley Frustrated  

Bishopdavid
Aspirant
Aspirant

OH no did I buy buggy cameras?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Bishopdavid,

Have you tried to reboot your base station and test again?