Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Reolink Argus vs Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

After evaulating all of the cameras on the market, I had decoded that the Arlo Pro was the best for my needs, particularly with the local storage option.

However, I have recently discovered the Reolink Argus and it looks so similar to the Arlo Pro - even the video of the camera in the snow looks similar.

Does anyone have any views on the Reolink Argus? Is it a rebranded Arlo Pro?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It really does kinda look like an Arlo Pro (that would take 123 batteries instead of a battery pack).  Extremely doubtful it's a repackaged Pro, though, especially due to the battery issue.

The only way to tell would be to try each, side-by-side.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

They even have a video of the camera in a snow storm like on the Arlo Pro page.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not only compare the cameras, but also if there is any additional costs per camera for usage.... important .

Arlo allows up to 5 cameras for free and 7 days of rolling storage

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Karllight
Aspirant
Aspirant
With arlo pro, you can plug in the charging usb like you charging your smartphone. You dont have to climb the ladder and take out the cover and charge the battery when its low (yoi can if u want to but who bothers). I just connect my to the 20 ft usb purchased from amazon.

The argus--however, you have to take the battery cover off and take out the battery to charge. That means climbing ladder and doing this chore every month--dont bother!

One advantage of argus has over arlo is the night vision distance and clarity (1080). If either has the features of the other (like combing the two features mentioned above) would be a great outdoor camera!
georgebalanchin
Tutor
Tutor

I tried the Reolink and didn't like it. Along with Arlo Pro, even the first-generation Arlo is superior to the Reolink Argus.