Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MeaCulpa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi team.

we have a VMB4500r2 base unit. It shows the USB symbol in red underneath it's name, which I have searched about, and seems to indicate that the USB is full. However we don't have a USB attached (never have), and we don't run a subscription, so don't save these videos anywhere as such - I think they're on a weekly rollover or whatever you get for free. 

Restarting the device doesn't work.

Any ideas? Cheers.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MeaCulpa wrote:

Any ideas? Cheers.

Are you seeing the normal 7 days of video storage?

@MeaCulpa wrote:

I think they're on a weekly rollover or whatever you get for free. 

That will end sometime this year (1 April for some cameras, 1 January 2024 for others).

MeaCulpa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. Yes, I see that about Arlo EOL, thanks. We are fine until 1 Jan 2024. And yes, the rolling 7 days is still working. If anything, it's recording less than usual because geofencing has stopped working (trouble shooting hasn't helped - this has been an issue since December), so nothing should be full, as such. I was trying to see if the UBS aspect had anything to do with it first, although they're probably two different problems. If I go to the storage settings it just says I can plug a USB in if I want to, so it knows there's not one in there. Cheers, Toni

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried rebooting the base?

MeaCulpa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, multiple times. Either a hard reset, or by using the "reset device" button in the app. Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Apparently you didn't follow the reset procedure:

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values

If you had, you would have needed to start fresh by removing all devices from your account and then adding them back in, starting with the base.

Since the app says you can plug a USB drive in, it appears you haven't set up local recordings, hence the red icon. It's just a notification that you could attach a drive and configure it.

MeaCulpa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. No, that doesn't work. The red USB symbol is still there. Cheers.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, what doesn't work? Plugging in a thumb drive but the red icon is still there? Have you used Settings, My Devices, your base, Storage Settings to format the drive and set it up or does even that not work?