Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
janapurcell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where are you supposed to retreive accidently deleted video. You do not have a recycle ben! I spent $1100+ on this system and entrusted that you all had it together! NOPE You have no retreivable recycle ben and we are up **bleep** creek otherwise and you do nto seem to care! BRING THE RECYLE BEN BACK!!! Horrible feature to have deleted this option. PLEASR FIX. I paid way to much for this equipment and you just say "oh well"? seriously

7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Why are you deleting videos at all? Just let them autodelete after they fall outside your time period. Why are you blaming the makers for your mistake?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And proactively download any videos of interest.

janapurcell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are you serious about these responses? Is this automated? You give the same ridiculous answers that are not customers service driven at all. Your company does not care what the consumer wants with the products they purchase nor do you care about the reviews, concerns etc. I will not refer ARLO to anyone. Help the customer and the consumer nad dont send back stupid statements making the consumer sound like an idoit. IF I ACCIDENTLY deleted the wrong day since the buttons are so close together that makes me an IDIOT? No it makes you guys look like one for not caring or giving any kind of resolution to the consumer spending their hard earned $ on YOUR products that has no support system at all and no care what the consumer wants.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Chill. There are plenty of worse things in life.

For the record, anyone who doesnt have a Netgear avatar is just a schmuck like you. We can try to help but you have to be willing to act and think intelligently. Going off the deep end just because you're anonymous here is silly and very counterproductive. Had you researched before purchasing your expectations would have been more properly set and you wouldn't be whining here.

On a more productive vein, I've been using a user-supplied Python script to automatically download all videos for local storage. You can PM me your email address and I'll send you directions and all.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yup. I'm just a user like you. I'm not on Netgear's payroll. I've just been here helping reasonable people out for a while. These are not my products. Perhaps the responses are the same because they're correct?

Your best workflow is to not delete anything. They will automatically disappear once they fall outside of your 7 days free storage if you're on the basic plan or longer if you're on a subscription. If you want to keep everything, accept help from jguerdat and script something to download every video every day. Alternatively, the Arlo Pro base station will record everything to USB storage as a backup and also in case there's loss of internet for any reason. If you plug the Arlo Pro base station into a UPS, the USB storage will still work even if there's both internet and power loss, however, you will need to disconnect the USB storage from the base station and plug it into a computer to access the files and will need to use VLC to view them.

If you've contacted support and they say they can't recover videos that you've manually deleted, I don't expect there's much that can be done

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

First of all, since you called it a "recycle ben" several times, I can tell you are not a tech savvy person, more of a beginner, facebook, email person. And that's fine, but it's called a recycle bin.

That said, hook up a USB thumb drive to the base station and it will record your videos to the cloud AND to the USB drive. Then if you "accidentally" delete a video from the cloud, you simply take the USB drive out of the base station, plug it into your computer and you'll have months, if not years of videos saved that you can view anytime you want.

I'm sorry, but I'm a desktop engineer and work in IT and it drives me crazy when people blame the computer, or in this case the Arlo system, when the issue really is you don't know what your doing. Please take some time to read about how the Arlo system works and educate yourself so as to avoid getting yourself all worked up for nothing.

Lucarse
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please leave Ben out of this.  He didn't do anything and would prefer not to be involved.

janapurcell wrote:

You do not have a recycle ben! NOPE You have no retreivable recycle ben and we are up **bleep** creek! BRING THE RECYLE BEN BACK!!!