Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LilBlu02
Follower
Follower

I've configured rules and double checked the settings many times.  Cameras are setup in a triangle type configuration where if one senses motion, it triggers the other two. In part this is to off-set the recording delay but also to get another angle on the motion event.  All rules are set to record for 90 seconds.  I'm lucky if I get 30 seconds, sometimes as little as 5 seconds. Random recording duration for each the cameras in the configuration. Issue seems to be independent of the camera itself, battery charge level, signal strength, etc. Elite subscription level.

I've considered available bandwith as a possible issue, but I haven't been able to validate that theory as the cameras don't have any logging that I am aware of to see if they fail due to timeouts. 

It also happens on another hub, where only 2 cameras are triggered.   

Anyone have a suggestions as to why they'll record, but not for the configured duration? Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What is your upload speed as measured by speedtest.net? Also, there may be signal strength or quality issues caused by base location and/or house construction. Sometimes moving the base away from the router helps while other times it's ductwork, mirrors or other home construction that is the issue. Where are the cameras? What is the exterior of the house made of?

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

This has been an issue for me since the May upgrade. For the last month I now get 50/50 recording to the correct time set. I opened a case with support in June and haven't had any communication from support since 14th June when my open cases disappeared from my netgear. This and many other issues started from the May firmware upgrade ( really it was a very bad downgrade) and since Sept 30 I now have to restart my base station r remotely ( have been away since 26th Sept) to get the camera's to record when motion is detected. Did a live chat with support and they told me they cannot troubleshoot the problem until I am at the same address as the camera's. As I am travelling with intermittent internet I am not always able to restart the base station so no recordings and if someone burglarized my home I won't know until I return and I won't have any recordings due to Arlo not working as advertised!