Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Record longer if motion detected

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SeattleChris
Follower
Follower

I currently have my video recording time set to 10 seconds, which is perfectly sufficient mostly to determine false positives. However, when motion is acurately detected by, say, a person walking down the sidewalk towards our house, I'd like the Arlo Pro to continue recording as long as there is motion detected. Or, at least up to an amount of time I could specify that would sufficiently capture the activity.

I understand the delicate balance of retaining batter life. However, this is precisely the balance I am encouraging Netgear consider: I set a minimum record time (10 seconds) in an effort to retain battery power. If motion continues to be detected, continue recording for up to n seconds.

Does this make sense? Anyone else agree that this would be a nice addition? There have already been several times where I would have very much appreciated to see a bit more than ten seconds of action.

2 REPLIES 2
delgadillo29
Initiate
Initiate
Yea I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes in between 10 second videos of constant motion you can miss a few seconds. Anyway what you do is go to mode online. Once in mode you select your home base and it gives you a list of your cameras. Once you're at the camera menu click said camera. It will take you to that cameras specific settings scroll Dow where it says record if you click the arrow/pencil on the right you go into the record settings and you can shift the bar up to 120 seconds make sure to press the back button when done and click save
FMOtrustee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. This is helpful information.