Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rechargeable battery will not hold a charge for more than 6 days with minimal activity.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JC24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro - model version VMS4230

One of the rechargeable batteries will not hold a charge for more than six days with minimal activity while the other battery was at 82% after 7 days.  Once the defective battery loses it charge, it goes offline.  I received the two camera set in June of 2017 as a gift.  Can the defective battery be replaced under the warranty.  Is there a toll free phone number that I can call.

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@JC24

Firstly, I would swap the two batteries to see if it is a battery problem or a camera issue.

There is a support link at the bottom of this page.

Brian

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JC24,

Swapping batteries as mentioned above is a good first step. Also, how much activity does the camera see (live streams and motion detections)? How is the signal strength at the cameras location?

JamesC

JC24
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have two cameras located on the exterior of our home.  We only activate them when we are out of town.  The cameras are about 25 feet apart and both are within 50 feet of the base station.  Both cameras only record when motion is detected and they both work fine.  Both cameras have rechargeable batteries.  After 7 days, one battery was at 82% and the other battery was at 3% and offline.  On day 6 the camera was working fine and overnight the battery had lost its charge.  This lead me to believe it was a defective battery.  

As suggested, I have switched the batteries and the location of the cameras.  Everything seems fine after 2 days.

How long should I wait and what should I do next?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Keep monitoring for a few days and keep track of cameras and batteries and their locations. It could have been a fluke or you may be able to determine a pattern.