Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Receiving text notifications saying "Not returned to a previous states. Please check your device."

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
merrick777
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today I received over 600 text notifications of an issue w one of my 3 Arlo Pro cams, saying that it “has not returned to a previous states”. Not only annoying, but improper English! 😂
I have a screen video where the notification comes in, you’ll see me turn OFF the camera via Arlo app, and then a few seconds later the camera toggles back ON by itself, and the notifications continue. How do I get this to stop?
Addtl info which I believe may be unrelated, but just in case....
My Arlo system is integrated into SmartThings. I also use webCoRE but I do not currently have any pistons that control Arlo’s... but the annoying notifications are coming from the same text sender phone number as my webCoRE notifications (which I’ve saved in my phone as “home alert” as you can see in the pic.
Thanks for any help- hopefully I get this worked out before these texts force me to jump off a bridge.
Arlo app v.2.12 (1887)

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi merrick777,

Are you receiving text message notifications through SmartThings or is it through Arlo? If the text notifications are from Arlo, I would suggest to try removing the text notifications and set it back up to see if that helped. You can read here on how to enable text notifications: How can I receive text notifications from my Arlo system instead of email notifications?

merrick777
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi @JessicaP,
Thanks for the reply. It turns out that the Arlo Assistant SmartApp was the culprit here (found the notification text in the SmartApp’s coding). I used to use the Arlo (Connect) SmartApp, but the developer hasn’t updated the app in a very long time and it doesn’t work well with the new SmartThings app. But now I have this issue with Arlo Assistant..... Are you aware of any non-buggy, reliable SmartApps for SmartThings?
Happy New Year!