Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Receiving push notifications for every motion even though smart notifications turned on

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Micah68048
Aspirant
Aspirant
Today I started receiving push notification for every motion detected on one of my cameras. I have smart notifications set to just send notifications for persons. I have checked and even edited activity zones to try and fix the problem to no avail.
5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Micah68048

Have you tried to remove the camera from settings > my devices and re-add it?

Micah68048
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have tried that.
FG1234
Guide
Guide
I am having the same exact issue and it started at the same time. Was just affecting one Pro 2 but now it’s 2 of them. Any fix?
Mhuffman
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I've been having this issue, and spent 2 hours on the phone with tech support. I did an honestly insane amount of troubleshooting, canceled my current free subscription to switch to the newer elite (? I called tech support and they said pay more money and it will maybe work)

After 2 hours the issue is half fixed, I now get one or two errant notifications an hour instead of 1 per minute, and one of my cameras now won't notify me no matter what what, (which isn't what I want)

Is kid you not, support actually suggested that I leave the system disarmed.

I honestly feel like this is a server side issue and am gonna wait it out, but as for now I have 2k in cameras that don't work.
Micah68048
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I’ve noticed this only seems to be an issue during the middle of the day when the sun is out. Problem goes away in the evening and overnight. I turned down the camera sensitivity today and that seemed to help as well