Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lrperry
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was this issue ever resolved?

I am experiencing the same issue.  If I don't have activity zones set up or if the activity zones are too large I get constant alerts from car traffic.  If I minimize the activity zones to areas where there is only human traffic, the cameras do not record, even when people are going in and out of the frame and standing in the frame for significant lengths of time.

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

lrperry,

Have you tried to re position you cameras in a different angle from the car traffic? you can also adjust your sensitivity from 100 down a few at a time to 99, 98, etc to try and find the desired sensitivity for the area.

SJohannsen
Apprentice
Apprentice

There is definately something screwed up on the back end. My driveway camera, which has worked fine for months, with a zone that excludes the street, has been going off all morning based on cars going by. We have enough posts here to indicate an overall trend, not individual issues. Lets try to get this fixed. At least look into the issue. There is a disturbing trend of issues with Arlo that are going unaddressed. There will come a time when the investment is no longer going to keep people in the system.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

SJohannsen,

Have you tried to reboot your base station & remove/re-create the zone?

SJohannsen
Apprentice
Apprentice
Are the zones maintained on the base? I would expect they are maintained in the cloud as they are only available wit a subscription. What all does rebooting the base reset, so I know what all I'll need to redo. You suggest zones. Notifications? Light camera linkages?
SJohannsen
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have removed and recreated. BTW
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

SJohannsen,

Can you monitor this new zone and see if the camera records properly.