Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dougcjohn
Guide
Guide
Using app on S7 Edge or iPhone6s plus... same result. 4 camera system. When watching live, audio works correctly... thus mics on cameras all good. When selecting Push to Talk Mic on App it turns off all speaker (listening) of camera. If pushed, far end hears me, but when released it remains muted speaker until you stop Push to Talk feature. The ability to hear when not pushing/holding mic is not functional. The time to stop push to talk and return to normal live with audio is too long of transition to hear response. From my understanding, when not pushing the mic within app, the speaker should be on and able to listen.
Just purchased and all firmware current after updates of camers and base. In my opinion this is a software app bug since both mics and speakers apparently work on all devices.
4 REPLIES 4
Dougcjohn
Guide
Guide
To add clarification to above issue...
When you select the Push to Talk feature initially, before any mic button pushed. As soon as the feature is activated and mic button turns green, the audio is stopped on Incomming camera feed. You can hear the audio being turned off/deactivated as the push to talk feature loads and turns on. Mic is not active until you push screen button, and button turns purplish-pink to indicate it's on and it will now transmit audio to camera. Let go, mic button turns Green and incomming audio remains dead. You don't regain audio until you stop the push to talk feature and return to live monitoring.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dougcjohn,

This is expected behavior, take a look at this article for more information on the push-to-talk feature: What is the push-to-talk feature on my Arlo camera and how does it work?

JamesC

Dougcjohn
Guide
Guide

Hi James,

Incorrect, not what I’ve described. 

For the iPhone this is functioning correctly.

Just like a standard 2 way mic operation.

On the Android, when you activate the mic, meaning touching the mic icon to initiate the feature… all audio goes dead. Not when pressing the mic to talk, but simply having the Mic feature activated. There is no return audio on the android until you exit the 2-way feature and return to live monitoring.

Your thoughts?

Thanks, 

Doug

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dougcjohn,

I have not been able to replicate the issue you describe.

Launch live stream (audio enabled) > click the mic icon (green push to talk icon pops up). I still am able to hear audio while the PTT button is displayed.

What model device and Android OS version are you using?

JamesC