Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Problems with Chaging Station?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kooter
Follower
Follower

i was lucky (I guess) to find a charging station for my Arlo Pro batteries. 

Got it home and put two batteries into the charger.  Both batteries were at about 67% when I started charging them.  It took about an hour and a half to charge ONE battery, and then the second battery started charging and that charge lasted another hour and a half! 

I thought it was a fluke so I charged two more batteries.  Same thing.  Both batteries about 67% and one charged for about an hour and half, and when it finished, the second battery started charging. That charge also last about an hour and a half. 

So to charge four batteries, it took about six hours.  I'd hate to see how long it takes to charge four batteries when they're down to 10-15 percent!

The description says the charger charges "two batteries simultaneously".  To me that means it charges two batteries at THE SAME TIME.  The way I understand it, it shouldn't charge one battery and when finished, it STARTS charging the second battery.

I called Netgear support and they were worthless and didn't have a clue.  Guess thats because the product is so new and not many peeps have called in for support.

Has anyone who bought one had similar experieces as me?  Do your batteries charge at the same time, or only one at a time?  What kind of charge times are you getting? 

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry , you are the lucky one... haven't seen to buy / test  ..all seems to be out or delayed shipping.

But full charge of a single cell is about 3 hrs+/- , so what you saw would be close

I do believe that the charge tube does ONE at a time

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------