Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I was provided a 2 camera Pro system from Netgear as a result of being included in the Superuser program announced here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Welcome/Arlo-Superusers-Program/m-p/1152407#U1152407

I set the system up yesterday using one original and one Pro camera on the Pro base station with a 1TB hard drive attached.  Setup is virtually the same as before so no surprise to anyone here.  I positioned the Pro camera where the extra FOV could be useful and found - it's exactly the same as the original camera (110 degrees, not 130 like the Q).  I don't have much recorded as yet with the Pro camera so it may take a while to get a feel for any differences in how detection works.  I may add the original camera I took down from that location to be side-by-side to see what differences in identical setups might be.

This will be an ongoing process of discovery - I obviously don't havee all (any?) answers yet.  Time will tell.  I'll try to keep the community informed of significant differences/issues before the release of the new system to the public.  Please don't overwhelm me...  😛

6 REPLIES 6
aussiesaab
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am considering the purchase of the PRO system however hesitant on one key item:

1- The regular camera has a long lag after it detects activity. Depending on how quick things happen, you will miss the orginal image. I am interested in determining if you see an improvement with the Pro model.

Sincerely appreciate your update.

Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I now have an original and a Pro camera in the same place in two related locations (driveway and front walk). My goal is to see how they differ, if at all or by how much. A multitude of details to come.

Here's a screenshot of how they're arranged.  Note the somewhat different FOV but not 20 degrees' worth. Link before this image is approved:  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4960473/Screenshot_20161019-110208.png)

Screenshot_20161019-110208.jpg

RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi JG,

That's awesome!

I look forward to your results!

I am locked and loaded for the purchase but will not purchase, well at least for me, if I have to figure out things again just to get a good capture with the new Pro cameras.

As I said many times, I have my cameras now set the way I want them, which is not plug and play for the average user, but definitely can be improved upon. . .if the delay has been corrected/upgraded.  

Again I look forward to your results and Congratz on acquiring the Pro!

-Robert
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I want to set up the PRO ( also blessed with one camera ) on the older Arlo base first... and going to do some response testing.

I want to see if the trigger/record speed is reduced to the 150ns that Netgear posted. (Compared to the 2 sec lag I'm running now)

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

TomMac wrote:

I want to set up the PRO ( also blessed with one camera ) on the older Arlo base first... and going to do some response testing.

I want to see if the trigger/record speed is reduced to the 150ns that Netgear posted. (Compared to the 2 sec lag I'm running now)

That's great Tom, I also look forward to your results!

Good idea to test on the older base first.  If you and JG's results are positive, I'll be right behind you guys and make the dive!

My plan is to get the new base at the same time but again after I see some POSITIVE results.

-Robert
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Agreed that testing on the old base is a Good Idea. I think my test will tell us about using both cameras on the new base while Tom's will be the inverse.