Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4230 Cameras Drop Offline and Fail To Reconnect

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mitchw19
Aspirant
Aspirant

Two new Pro 4230 cameras routinely drop offline.  They will work for a couple of days, sometimes a week or two.  Then, will show:

"This Arlo device is offline"

and occasionally

"This device failed to connect".

One camera is connected to AC powerThe second, battery power.  Both are line of sight (outdoors) to the base station (indoors), which is maybe 20 feet away. The battery camera shows 3 bars of signal strength and it is furtherst away by about 5 feet.  The AC camera is in virtually the same position just a few feet closer.  It shows only 2 bars of WiFi signal strength. Old wooden windows between indoors and out.

Once this happens, hitting sync on the base does nothing.  Hitting sync on the cameras does nothing. Unplugging the base, letting it sit, then pulgging it back in again and letting it reboot does nothing.  Removing all of the devlices from my account and setting it up all over again, beginning with the base, will get me to a point where *maybe* one of the cameras brought about 3 feet away will be recongnized by the base.  Then mysteriously hours later the other camera will get recognized. Then it all works, until it randomly quits working again. Everything went offline yesterday.  Several reboot/restart attempts then letting it sit did nothing. Cameras were back up again this morning! Recorded my wife leaving for work this morning, 30 mins later recorded nothing as I left.  Checked it, both cameras showed "devices offline".

Latest firmware on everything.  Just maddening that it all will work for days then just randomly drop offline when nothing changed.  Forget it if power goes out (or I unplug the base and move it). The whole system goes down and has to be completely reinstalled as-new.

Hardware H11

Firmware 1.092.0.19_26228

I still can return it all ..

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like 2.4GHz interference near the base. Any other devices using that band nearby? Try moving the base away from the router.

Mitchw19
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's connected to a Netgear Orbis satellite as its way of connecting to the internet which is 5 gHz. It does have a separate channel for guest WiFi that operates on 2.4 but that is never used. There is a 2.4 phone in the room which is used very rarely. I can turn down the 2.4 on the router-satellite to see if that has any effect.