Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 does not illuminate blue light

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RafiqueM
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera Pro Model VMC4030 was working ok . due to low battery , I connected it with power supply ( which comes with the set ) .  application showing camera off-line . I tried to  re sync   " No blue light from Camera "  camera serial number 

is 4xh16c75b6ca3.

powered off ( removed the battery for  30 minutes ). . removed power from base station ,  removed all config . even the other working  camera .( for almost one hour ) .   Reconnect base to internet and power ,  add the good working camera model VMC4030 SERIAL # 4XH16C7PB350A   and connected with base station successfully . how ever the bad camera still does not show blue light when pressing the sync button in the camera .  please assist me . thanks

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RafiqueM wrote:

the bad camera still does not show blue light when pressing the sync button in the camera . 

Did you try removing the battery and reinserting it before you sync?

Maybe also confirm that the battery is charged?

RafiqueM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes @StephenB , I did  remove the battery for around 30 minutes .  I have two cameras , ( one is synced and no issue )

I swapped the battery from good camera to bad and from bad to good. Good camera is still good  and the bad one 

still bad with the Good battery . I can feel that the camera body is little " warmer " than the good one . 

Please let me know if anything else  to be done . Many thanks for the support 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If the sync button won't work with a fresh battery, then it is possible that the camera has failed.

Not sure how long you are holding down the sync button, but you could try holding it longer on the camera.  Normal guidance it to hold it down for about 2 seconds.

You could try support next. https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

RafiqueM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I pressed it for more than 2 seconds ( like good one ) and its not responding 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RafiqueM wrote:

I pressed it for more than 2 seconds ( like good one ) and its not responding 

Then I think you'll need to try support.