Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Pro 2 Base Station offline after power outage and won't reconnect. All lights are green.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
RichTea
Initiate
Initiate

Following a recent power outage, the Pro2 basestation shows as being offline, although the basestation has three green leds and seems fine.  Has suffered power outages before and not had a problem.  I have tried a power cycle as per the Arlo support for a disconnected basestation, but this did not help.  I am reluctant to do a hard reset as it will mean a lot of time spent resetting the system (I assume).  

But is this the next step?  Is this a common problem?  Also very annoying that the Arlo Chat Support says it is available but when you try and use it and put in all your data it then comes back and says it is NOT available.  Not very impressive.

Any help/suggestions welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichTea
Initiate
Initiate
The hard reset solved my problem. Meant I had to re-add my 3 cameras, but otherwise was less painful than I thought it would be. Still, annoying that it happened at all after the outage.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Steven_Martin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi RichTea.

There's nothing wrong with your base-station.

I've got 2 systems & the same thing has been happening to me for the last 24 hours. 3 green lights on.

It only seems to happen on the laptop, not through the phone app.....at present.

Once you sign in, the system works fine for about a minute & then it comes up with the following -

--------------------------------------------------

Check if it is powered up and connected to the Internet

--------------------------------------------------

This is happening to BOTH my systems which are at 2 different relocations......so the problem is not at my end. 

The funny thing is if your logged into a camera while this SIGN appears, the camera is still working in the background, with sound.

ARLO.....can you please fix this problem.

I've had nothing but problems since NETGEAR moved on, mid last. Before that the ARLO was brilliant & that's why I invest in a second system.

Can you please take us back to the good ole days & get ARLO going seamlessly again. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RichTea wrote:

I am reluctant to do a hard reset as it will mean a lot of time spent resetting the system (I assume).  

But is this the next step?  

Unfortunately, yes.

RichTea
Initiate
Initiate
The hard reset solved my problem. Meant I had to re-add my 3 cameras, but otherwise was less painful than I thought it would be. Still, annoying that it happened at all after the outage.
Tamlin47
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had exactly the same problem since power outrage 5 days ago. Not happened before. Tried all the suggestions that have been mentioned here. The 3 lights on the Arlo modem all green. Cameras working in the background (red recording lights on) despite the Arlo site on my laptop saying base station and cameras offline. 

I am reluctant to re set to factory settings or remove and add device as I am just hoping it might just come back on seeing as all the connections are OK.....

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Steven_Martin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Tamlin47.

I've noticed when "Flash-Drive" does an update, it either brings good or bad news to ARLO....mostly bad lately.

I did an updated 2 days ago and it fixed the problem that you & I (& others) have been experiencing.

My suggestion to you is to do un update & please report back.

Tamlin47
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried that..checked that notifications, flash etc were allowed on the settings. Nothing has changed unfortunately. I am not technical and when the arlo  was installed I got a lot of help from them via the chat and phone. But now unfortunately you can't contact them anymore...no chat service available, it's out of warranty.

I can see no reason why I am getting the message that the base station is off line when it was working fine before the power outrage on the 13th. I certainly won't be buying anything from Arlo again!