Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Previous owner didn't disconnect from his account. Cannot use Arlo Pro.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
TaliaAli
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought one of these useless things of facebook and because the previous owner didnt disconnect from his account i get a useless paperweight.

This company only wants you to purchase from their suppliers and wont allow or assist any peer to peer sales.

Even apple allows that.  

Tried to go through technical support and that was useless.

Apparently i have to hire a private investigator to find the old owner.  

I should have read the forums before buying this garbage.

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I assume you talking about the base units...

Yes, the base units are lock to an owner when the system is set up. If the previous owner FAILED to release ( remove device ) from their account not much can be done.

This is not to stop third party sellers but more to prevent unauthorized access to the cameras and system.

You will have to go back to the seller and have them remove it.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's always someone else's fault, isn't it...

Buying used is always a gamble. A security device needs to be locked down. The previous owner is the one to bitch at.

TaliaAli
Aspirant
Aspirant

tried to do that no response.  I bought it a year ago and never got around to install.

Support specifically told me that they dont recommend to buy from anyone except costco bestbuy or amazon.  

which means new

THey could release if they want but choose not to

dcfox1
Master
Master

It is like buying a used car from a stranger and blaming the auto company for a problem. 

TaliaAli
Aspirant
Aspirant
The auto company if you can prove ownership will give you a new set of keys to drive the car. Unlike Arlo who says go hire a private investigator to find the old owner it’s your problem
dcfox1
Master
Master

@TaliaAli wrote:
The auto company if you can prove ownership will give you a new set of keys to drive the car. Unlike Arlo who says go hire a private investigator to find the old owner it’s your problem

How do you have proof of ownership if you do not know who the seller was? 

TaliaAli
Aspirant
Aspirant
You show a bill of sale or evidence of transferring ownership. Which I have.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@TaliaAli wrote:
You show a bill of sale or evidence of transferring ownership. Which I have.

So return it or sue the seller since if legit his information would be on the bill of sale. Not sure why your beating a dead horse here as others said by blaming Arlo.