Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
GBadent
Follower
Follower

Hi all, I am planning to buy an Arlo Pro System (Basestation and Camera) in the USA for use in the Philippines. While we use the same plugs, the voltage is 230V instead of the 120V in the USA. Do the power adapters which are included in the USA support 110-240V or only 120V ?

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Good to go,  they support 110-220v ac input

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Syrtacis
Star
Star

Be careful, for base station, adapter supplier is 110 V so do not work on 220v

For m'y part, i purchased my Arlo pro on Amazon US and now i cannot use it in Europe ...

so my question is 

does Netgear sell AC DC power adaptor ? Or, at least, can they give us the reference of a third-party supplier product ?

Thor78
Tutor
Tutor

Hey TomMac.

I'm planning on taking a Arlo Pro camera system with me to Europe and it includes the base station (vmb4000 I believe). Are you sure the base station accepts 220volts?  I'm planning on buying an adapter that could work with it, see here:

https://www.amazon.com/100-240V-Power-Supply-Adapter-Listed/dp/B01C5JZP9E/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=150...

Have you seen them work under these circumstances? Do you know if there is a spec sheet anywhere on the base station that states the 220v support?

Thanks,

Thor.

Thor78
Tutor
Tutor

Were you ever able to find an adapter that would work with the US made Arlo Pro base station?

I'm looking into getting this one for it..

https://www.amazon.com/100-240V-Power-Supply-Adapter-Listed/dp/B01C5JZP9E/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=150...

Thanks,

Thor.

Syrtacis
Star
Star
Netgear,support team, very kindly, sent me a 220 V / EU plug power adaptor for my Arlo Pro base station and it works fine
My appliance was less than 3 months old and this item was free of charge. I thank them. again
Thor78
Tutor
Tutor

Oh nice. Who did you contact at Netgear?

Thanks for your reply!

Best,

Thor.

Syrtacis
Star
Star
Hi Thor

Netgear support
I registered and opened a case
You will have to give your serial number and a copy of your invoice
Thor78
Tutor
Tutor

Interesting. So let me get this straight, you purchased the US version with the 110v adapter, correct? I called Netgear support (its a global callcenter in Asia) and they told me that they can't send me the EU adapter if I purchased the US version due to warrany policy!?  I don't really understand why this is such a hassle.  What exactly did you tell them? Also did you email them or call them or something else? Thanks for your help!

Thor.

Syrtacis
Star
Star
I called them and afterward I logged on the support web site. I confess I was lucky..
I am in France..Maybe they are more understanding over there
The problem is that they produce abase station per country (not 110 / 220 compatible as usual) and they don't sell the AC adaptor for US or EU area
Hope you'll find a way to use your cam
Thor78
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks! And you definitely bought the cam+base station in the USA? And it works fine in France with the adapter they sent you?
Syrtacis
Star
Star
Yes I bought Arlo pro base station + 1 cam on Amazon US and it was definitely a US version
I first tried to make it work with a 220 -> 110 V converter but it was not satisfactory
Now it works fine with the EU adaptor they sent me
Rgds
nlokeva
Guide
Guide

Sytacis,  why wasn't the voltage converter satisfactory?

Noroddveien
Tutor
Tutor

TomMac wrote:

Good to go,  they support 110-220v ac input

Yes, TomMac is correct.
I bought an Arlo pro kit at Cosco in California December 2017 and brought it over here to Norway in January. The power adapter for the base unit does specify 110 - 120 V, however upon opening it I discovered that it was fused for up to 250V. Hi therefore took the chance and plugged it into the 230V/50 Hz socket here in Norway. I am happy to report that it functions fine with 230 V/50 Hz.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I wouldn't go by the fuse rating since that means something only about the fuse. I'm glad it's working for you - perhaps it's actually designed for worldwide use and just marked differently for different markets.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

250v marking on a fuse is the max working voltage for the fuse ..that does not mean the adapter is rated fro the same voltage.

Always go by the rated input voltage listed on the device/adapter itself.   The US versions I looked at spec'd the 110-220v ac input

Morse is faster than texting!
nlokeva
Guide
Guide

The arlo power adaptor for the base unit itself only runs on 110V.   I bought it from Costco in Dec 2017 too.  The power adaptors for the cameras itself is dual voltage but not for the base unit.   Netgear, WTH?!?!

I picked up a dual voltage adaptor from Amazon since it was a gift for my dad who lives in SE Asia.