Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Nfs
Aspirant
Aspirant

This stupid fault that seems to go on and on.

Yesterday it happens again trying to charge one of my cameras, spend a couple of hours reading here and test different approaches with no luck.

I have 4 cameras and same fault with all. I charged one five days ago with no issues.

Got upp this morning and got on it again when I saw my wife's ipad charger in the socket above, took the USB cable and plugged it in there and nothing happened and no indication in the app. No surprise there.

So plugged it back in the charger that came with Arlo and now it suddenly works. Wtf.

Must be some kind of glitch in arlo system.

Anyway this was a solution that worked for me, just wanted to share.

Fredrik...

4 REPLIES 4
Linusl
Luminary
Luminary

You dont explain what the problem is, is it a common one and what is it? Ive never had any issues charging the cameras.

Nfs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry it's a fairly common issue it seems when I  did a search.

The problem is that it will not  charge.

brh
Master
Master

@Nfs,

If I understand you correctly, the reason that the battery charges with the Arlo adapter and not the Apple adapter is that the Arlo cameras require 9 volts to charge the batteries which the Arlo adapter provides but the Apple adapter does not. Some of the newer Android devices have this capability. Arlo uses Qualcom dual voltage adapters.

Brian

Nfs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I think that's correct.

Also the system seems to feel when the correct charger is inserted "9v" and if not give a error.

This error is given by the software and that why I believe it's something wrong in the code because it's clearly not a hardware fault. And it doesn't happen every time.

The trick here that I think is the solution, is when I inserted the wrong charger is somehow did a reset and when I plugged in the correct one it worked.

Don't know if I make any sense I'm not used to trying to explain things in English.