Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
PAW9332
Follower
Follower

Is it possible to add a second base station to my existing arlo account

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@PAW9332

Yes. There is no limit to the number of base stations you can add to your account.

Just be aware of a couple of things.

1) You will have to arm/disarm them separately.

2) All base stations must connect to the router/extender through an ethernet cable. 

At one time I had 3 base stations on one account to get uniform signal strength to all of my cameras.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Actually recent software changes have allowed you to utilize cameras across base stations. It took a while to get there but it's a nice feature.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What do you mean by that jguerdat?  Does this mean we can get another base station and add cameras to that and see it on 1 app? I have the 5 camera system and want to get more cameras but dont want to get a suscription just for 2 more cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's different. You can have as many bases on one account as needed and have rules set to access cameras from one base via another. The issue of needing more than 5 cameras while still on the basic plan doesn't allow for that. You would have to set the second base up on a new account using a second email address and sync cameras to it. Then use Settings, Grant Access from one account to the other so you can see all cameras with that one login. However, the two accounts are separate so while you can SEE all cameras in one login, you can't cause cameras from one base/account to work with the other.