Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pixilation & Clarity

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nasty9999
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've just recently purchased my first security camera. I had been looking at battery powered cameras for some time and thought I'd break myself in with a Pro 4. Overall the experience has been pretty good. Motion detection is working like a charm, colour night vision works well, and the battery is holding up well.

My only issue so far is pixelation in shaded areas and general clarity of the camera. I feel I need to tell the camera where to focus but there doesn't appear to be any settings for that. Photo link here https://imgur.com/f7aQwhm

I've got a strong signal where the camera is installed and I've set the camera to best video so this shouldn't be the problem. Any ideas on how I can improve the image quantity (eg, camera too high, general angle of camera, etc)?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Your image is 1080p, not 2K -  not sure if it's a snapshot, or perhaps a screenshot from a livestream?

Overall quality is about what I'd expect, though I think you will get more detail on the lawn when it isn't shaded.  Unfortunately, Arlo uses quite low bitrates - good for connectivity, especially over mobile, but quality does suffer as a result.  Personally I wish there was an option to select higher bitrates (giving up retention in return).  But so far they seem unwilling to do that.

You've put the camera higher than most of mine, but the main issue with camera placement is getting good motion detection - which doesn't seem to be a problem for you.