Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pixeled video

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bagel999
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the Arlo Pro for almost a year. Wouldn't buy again, since there's too much lag time, but I'm stuck with them for now. I noticed that the outside camera video quality is being pixelated. Just started to happen. The base station is showing left and right bars are green, but the one in the middle isn't. Wondering if this has something to do with it. Worked fine until last week. I've read other people posts with the same issue, and there's quite a few!

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Please switch the position of this camera with one of the other cameras you have

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bagel999,

The center LED on the base station is the internet connection LED. Take a look here for information on this LED: What do the LEDs on my Arlo or Arlo Pro base station mean?

This LED should be green, indicating successful connection to the Arlo cloud.

Pixelated video could indicate an issue with the cameras connection to the base station. How far away is the camera having issues? As mentioned above by steve_t, try swapping the troubled camera with a camera that is behaving as expected to see if the issue follows the camera or the location.

JamesC

Bagel999
Aspirant
Aspirant

Funny, it worked fine before I charged it. Why all of a sudden is there a problem with the WiFi? Same location. I am so sad I bought these cameras. Can't return them. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

wrote:

Funny, it worked fine before I charged it. Why all of a sudden is there a problem with the WiFi? Same location. I am so sad I bought these cameras. Can't return them. 

Perhaps your next door neighbor bought a new wifi router that's really powerful? Maybe they have a long range bluetooth device. Maybe they bought another home automation system with a large zigbee mesh. Wifi interference can happen for many reasons