Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BadgerFan
Follower
Follower

Hello everybody! First time poster. I'm having a bit of trouble with the notifications/settings of my various Arlo Pro cameras. I know that there are Armed, Disarmed, Scheduled, and Geofencing options available, but I was wondering if it was possible to set certain rules for some cameras that don't apply to others? In particular, I want my outdoor cameras to always be armed, while I'd prefer that my indoor cameras not be on while I'm home, since the battery just gets drained otherwise. (Or, better yet, I'd prefer my indoor cameras run only during the night while we're sleeping). Might this be possible, or is the system constrained such that the cameras all must operate under the same rule set? 

2 REPLIES 2
NewArloGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same question. I would like to have the system armed, but not have the indoor cameras constantly record and alert of motion. Like for example ADT has an "Armed Stay" (no indoor cameras or motion sensors alert) & "Armed Away" (everything is active). Not having this prevents me from using the Geofence feature, so I have to arm & disarm everytime, and disarm means that the outside cameras will not record or alert either. Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQshere on custom modes and the schedule. You need to create a mode with appropriate rules for each scenario and then schedule them to automate the process. Any camera without a rule is disarmed.