Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Outdoor Power Adaptor (VMA4700) not recognized by Arlo Pro Camera

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
aandreol
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

I bought a Arlo Pro camera and also the Arlo by NETGEAR Outdoor Power Adapter – Arlo Pro Compatible (VMA4700).

It worked fine for one month, after it, the camera keeps showing the message “The charging source connected to the camera cannot charge your battery. Please use an Arlo power adapter”.

But the Power is the original Outdoor for Arlo Pro. And it worked for a month.

Camera shows 1.092.0.5_13833  Firmware version and Hardware H8.

Any fix?

Regards

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the camera and battery work fine with the indoor adapter... then contact Netgear Support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
aandreol
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

it was already working with the outdoor power adapter for one month.

Thanks

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Tom:

is there really any advantage/benefit to leave a battery in the camera while plugged in a permanent a/c power source? I can’t think of any.......even in the event of power failure or outage, router and internet connection will drop anyway.

Unless of course, router and base station are connected to UPS......l guess it could make sense that way.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's exactly the point - why have an outage disable the cameras?  Battery backup on both the cameras and network, including the base, keeps the ability to monitor things during that time possible.

SKhandu
Initiate
Initiate

Hi - I'm getting the exact message for last couple of weeks - "The charging source connected to the camera cannot charge your battery. Please use an Arlo power adapter" It was absolutely working fine for 2 months and then suddenly this message.  Netgear Arlo Support - please help !

HW Version: H8
Firmware : 1.092.0.5_13833
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This frequently seems to be an issue with 1) incomplete connection between the camera and power supply and/or 2) water infiltration into that connection.  For #1, take pains (and I really mean pains - it can be quite difficult) to ensure it's fully and properly seated.  For #2, read the stickies here about these adapters being recalled due to water infiltration causing problems.

SKhandu
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks @jguerdat . I have had it seated very well (I think 🙂 and it worked fine for 2 months. Have it sealed with weather proofing tape.. so no chance of any water infiltration. So now suddenly stopping to work does not make sense.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case withsupport.