Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

Hoping someone can help. I have just purchased 3 outdoor charging cables for my Arlo pro camera's due to the battery drain ( I am now having to charge every week to every second week) as we are going away for six weeks and as the batteries drain so quickly now my home will be unprotected early in our holiday if I don't find another power option. Can I leave the battery in the camera and have the charging cable on 24/7 or will this cause the battery to deteriorate? I purchased this sytem as it is / was wire free and was happy with it until the May firmware update, since then I have mutiple issues the battery drain being one of them. I have paid over $2000 Australian dollars for this sytem and now I have to outlay more money to keep it running while I attempt to have a holiday. I have a 5 camera sytem and have 1 solar panel and now I'm going to have to purchase another one as I can't plug an outdoor charger to it.

Thanks for any help in advance Monica

3 REPLIES 3
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
It will not hurt the battery. Theres a safety feature so that while its connected to ac power it will only charge to 80%. The only way it charges to 100% is in a charging station. It will say 100 but its really not.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

With the outdoor supply, you can leave the battery in or out... no difference.

No harm will come to the battery if left in on charge all the time as the external supply really only charges the battery pack to 80% of full charge ( tho it will read 100% ). This is done to prevent damage.

Only in the charge tube outside of the camera does the battery pack get a true 100% charge as it auto shuts off when full charge is reached

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you both for the replies, I use a charging station when I charge the batteries but just wasn't sure about the cable continuously charging them in the camera's.