Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Original charging cable and adapter charges other products fine except for Arlo cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kevinxec
Aspirant
Aspirant

I apologized that this question been asked a lot but i am not getting the answer i need.

Im using the adapter and the cable that came with the box and its not charging my cameras. I’ve Troubleshoot both adapter and cable with other devices to see whether any of them are defective. BOTH are charging my other devices fine. I even swap batteries from one arlo to another and also rebooting my arlo Base. Still no good. I even called customer service and the lady said i need to buy another adapter/cable. Why should i buy another when mine is working fine. Its charging everything EXCEPT the arlo. So, is the charging system within arlo defective?

2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@Kevinxec,

The Arlo AC adapter is different from most adapters in that the Arlo cameras require 9 volts to charge them which most adapters do not provide. So the reason the adapter charges the other devices is that they work on 5 volt charging which the Arlo adapter also provides. 

If Arlo will not replace the adapter, I guess the only way to troubleshoot your problem is to purchase another Arlo AC adapter. I have read that some Samsung adapters will work but I use Apple devices so I am not an expert on that. 

Also look for bent pins on the cable and adapter.

Brian

Kevinxec
Aspirant
Aspirant

@brh
If my adapter is defective than i have no problem buying another but since its not defective than it doesn’t make sense buying another.