Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video
Tutor

Option to record not available

The option to record is suddenly no longer available in the Camera settings within the Mode.
I tapped on Mode, clicked on the pencil icon next to the camera, and the ‘record video’ option is visible but it’s not selectable. See screenshot attached. Is this a bug?
Message 1 of 10
Master

Re: Option to record not available

How many cameras do you have connected on your account?

Notice the message in your screenshot about upgrading your cloud storage?

Message 2 of 10
Aspirant

Same! When creating a mode unable to select record. It defaults to do nothing and I can’t fix it!
Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 3 of 10
Tutor

I have three Arlo Pro cameras. Hadn’t spotted the message, is that a recent change by Arlo? I went through the plans, saw one for CVR too which may be why I can’t change that option. Weird thing is, on two of the cameras the option ‘record video’ is defaulted and greyed out as I shared earlier, but the third one is fixed to ‘do nothing’ and is not even saving motion/audio recordings (new screenshot attached, can’t select ‘record video’).
Message 4 of 10
Master

Restart your base and see if the problem is still there while using the browser interface https://arlo.netgear.com

Message 5 of 10
Tutor

Hi, thanks, restarting the base and going through the desktop did enable me to change the third camera from ‘do nothing’ to ‘record’. Whilst I can edit the ‘record’ length through the desktop, I can’t do so through the app as the pencil icon is greyed out. I did delete and reinstall the app without luck. Hopefully an app update from Arlo will resolve this.
Message 6 of 10
Aspirant

NO FREE recording anymore? Record video option is grey

I have latest version of iOS app, I notice record video option is in grey, I can't choose it anymore, it shows I need to upgrade the plan.
Message 7 of 10
Arlo Moderator

Hi @numb15,

What iPhone are you using to see the "Record video" grayed out? Are you also on the latest iOS version?

Message 8 of 10
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. Option to record is greyed out. Need a fix quick. Arlo needs to address this.
Message 9 of 10
Aspirant

Ok. I was having the same problem when I checked my cameras this morning. I posted on here then a few minutes later I rechecked my cameras and they all had the option to record. I did nothing to the system and was using my iPhone at all times. Odd
Message 10 of 10