Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
numb15
Apprentice
Apprentice
The option to record is suddenly no longer available in the Camera settings within the Mode.
I tapped on Mode, clicked on the pencil icon next to the camera, and the ‘record video’ option is visible but it’s not selectable. See screenshot attached. Is this a bug?
9 REPLIES 9
Streak2
Master Master
Master

How many cameras do you have connected on your account?

Notice the message in your screenshot about upgrading your cloud storage?

Biegelrr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same! When creating a mode unable to select record. It defaults to do nothing and I can’t fix it!
numb15
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have three Arlo Pro cameras. Hadn’t spotted the message, is that a recent change by Arlo? I went through the plans, saw one for CVR too which may be why I can’t change that option. Weird thing is, on two of the cameras the option ‘record video’ is defaulted and greyed out as I shared earlier, but the third one is fixed to ‘do nothing’ and is not even saving motion/audio recordings (new screenshot attached, can’t select ‘record video’).
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Restart your base and see if the problem is still there while using the browser interface https://arlo.netgear.com

numb15
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi, thanks, restarting the base and going through the desktop did enable me to change the third camera from ‘do nothing’ to ‘record’. Whilst I can edit the ‘record’ length through the desktop, I can’t do so through the app as the pencil icon is greyed out. I did delete and reinstall the app without luck. Hopefully an app update from Arlo will resolve this.
bychance
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have latest version of iOS app, I notice record video option is in grey, I can't choose it anymore, it shows I need to upgrade the plan.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @numb15,

What iPhone are you using to see the "Record video" grayed out? Are you also on the latest iOS version?

Briars
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem. Option to record is greyed out. Need a fix quick. Arlo needs to address this.
Briars
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok. I was having the same problem when I checked my cameras this morning. I posted on here then a few minutes later I rechecked my cameras and they all had the option to record. I did nothing to the system and was using my iPhone at all times. Odd