Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Opened ticket with support team for cameras are not recording. Tried resetting Base and camera.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
HALERICHLENCTR
Guide
Guide

I am so sick and tired of dealing with arlo support.  Two weeks ago I opened a case with them (case#41939474) because our cameras (all 4 of them) are not recording.  We have done everything from reset the cameras, to resetting the base and the cameras, to putting in new batteries (even though the batteries are brand new that were in there) to doing a factory reset (we all know how much of a pain that is).

The 1st guy I speak with tells me that the cameras are "heat sensitive" and won't record if there isn't body temperature in the area.  WHAT!!!!!!  No, the cameras are motion sensitive.  After an hour of listening to his nonsense, he transfers me to a supervisor.  The supervisor tells me that he is going to send me an email and that I should watch the cameras for two or three days and see if they record, and email him to let him know the results.    I go to email him back and let him know the details and the email says "DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL".  

I receive no other emails until there is one when I return to the office after the weekend that says, "we've been trying to contact you ( NO YOU HAVEN"T) and if you don't respond to this email in 24 hours, we are going to close the case.  Well 24 hours had already passed by the time I read the email.

Today I tried calling them, because the last time our camera recorded was the 28th, and since we are a medical office, we are in the office all day long, and I am on hold for AN HOUR!!!!   After holding for an hour, I speak to someone who tells me that my service ticket has been escalated and that I need to wait for a return call from the escalation unit.  I explain what happens and the person says "yes, I can see that it was escalated" and I responded, "yes, but closed" and they again state, "you need to wait about 5 minutes for someone to call you back at your office number."  I say, "NO, I have been on hold for an hour already, so you can either put me on hold and transfer me or get me a supervisor to talk to.  I am tired of being given the runaround."  

And then it happens.....the automatic disconnect.  The person I was speaking to HUNG UP ON ME!  After an hour on hold, 10 minutes of dealing with all their crap, and because they don't want to deal with the issue they HANG UP ON ME!!!

I have now waited an additional 30 minutes to see if I was going to receive that return call from the escalation team, but NOPE, no calls have come to me at my desk at all.  

ARLO, what are you going to do about this situation.  My cameras haven't been recording for 2 days and when they do record, although they are set to record 24 hours a day, based on motion, when they do record, they only record for maybe an hour or two out of the day.

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi HALERICHLENCTR,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you in regards to your experience with the support team.

HALERICHLENCTR
Guide
Guide

I received a message from ARLO asking me for some days and times they could get in contact with my business manager, as well as the phone number.  I left times on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.  I have yet to hear back from anyone letting me know when they will be calling the office.  We are a small office with one staff person, so if we don't get a day and time they will be calling, how are we to know during the 4 hour window that we gave them to be sitting by the phone awaiting their call.

So to answer your email if I "got the answer I needed" no I didn't because I am still waiting.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I'm letting you know that I sent you a reply to your private message and that your case has been escalated.