Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
glassr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Only one of my two cameras shows the detect motion icon at a time. When I edit armed mode there is a drop down to choose which camera rule to edit. Whichever camera I am editing then hit save will be the one that has the motion detected icon un-grayed out. And, only that camera will detect motion when system is armed. How do I set both cameras to detect motion at the same time? I don't have any choice to "add rule" in armed mode. This is same in Android app and PC.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a given, I don't recommend editing the ARMED mode as it is a default that is made when you add cameras...

You need to create a CUSTOM mode ( add a mode ) which can copy the ARMED mode... if you do, you will have the option to add a rule for a second camera.  You create the new custom mode and SAVE, then go back and EDIT it to add the additional cameras.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
glassr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I like to use schedule mode. @TomMac My understanding is that during schedule, system goes into armed mode and uses armed mode settings, so any custom mode will do no good. Correct?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Schedule tho listed as a MODE isn't really.... it's a way to time modes used in it.

You can use any MODE you want in schedule, default like Armed or a Custom, makes no diff

Morse is faster than texting!