Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Msantarc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why would one cameras batteries for 3-4 x faster (in a week or two) than all my other cameras?
-offending camera is:
- closer to base than others
-records fewer activation's as others
-gone through 3 sets of batteries while other cameras are still at over 90%
7 REPLIES 7
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Exchange the offending battery with another camera to determine if it's a battery or a camera problem.

I just see that you mention 3 sets of batteries. Do you have the Arlo or the Arlo Pro?

Msantarc
Aspirant
Aspirant

All Cameras are Arlo Pro

Streak2
Master Master
Master

OK. Report back once you have tried the battery swap exercise.

If the problem follows the battery then contact support to arrange for a replacement.

If the problem stays with the camera then I would remove and resync it.

Also, although it's the closest to the base, try moving the camera near the base to eliminate any local interference being the cause.

If that does not work then contact support.

DanG808
Tutor
Tutor

I had a problem with one of my camers going off line all the time and the battery would drop down from 100% to 4% in a matter of days.  I had one exterior camera and 3 interior cameras.  Only the exterior camera would drop off connection.  I switched out the exterior camera with one of my interior cameras which I never had a problem with and that camera also dropped out.  I sent in the bad camera and Arlo sent me a new one.  I found out that the walls for the exterior camera was interfering with the signal, so I don't have anymore camers on the outside of my home anymore.   

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Repositioning the base for a better connection to the outdoor cameras of using a second base for that purpose might help.

DanG808
Tutor
Tutor

The base station was about 20 feet away.  I moved it another 6 feet closer to the outdoor unit.  So it is about 15 feet or less.    It worked for about a couple weeks, then it just dropped out again.  It disconnected from the base station.  Since it is for my condo until which I go to once every 6 weeks. I could not reconnect until I went back. The camera in the home which never had a problem, I switched it out and it also dropped connection, so I know it was the location.  The camera was by front door, cement and the door is a metal door.

Any one know if the camera can be used behind a glass window?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q cameras work behind glass since they use pixel changes rather than IR to detect motion. Just be sure to turn off night vision so the IR illuminators don't reflect in the glass.