Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One camera seldomly picks up motion

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
NanderOsw
Aspirant
Aspirant
Over the last couple of months, one camera has started recording sporadically, rarely picking up motion. The other 2 cameras seem to work fine. When I called for support, I was told I needed to order a package to PAY for firmware updates. This makes no sense to me and was the first I'd heard of this. Did anyone else need to do this? And, is it the camera or base firmware? Either way why are my other cameras working without this "update"?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

Beside the money scam giving the log in and password which is good you changed it. This is part of the reason 2FA is a standard now for most security cams. There have been multiple post with the same situation as yours here. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like you called a "fake" Arlo support... FW updates are free

they are ONLY here : https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

As to the camera, I'd swap two around and verify it's the camera and not location for some reason... if the problem follows the camera then I'd reconfirm the settings for the camera ( simple camera reset is pull battery and then reinstall )

If need be still issues you can always remove the camera and bring it back as if new ( use remove device )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
NanderOsw
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. I thought the request was strange and I called the number I lookup up. I'm glad I didn't proceed with the call, he wanted me to move forward immediately and I told him I couldn't take the cameras down at that time. Unfortunately, I did allow him access to my cameras. I have changed my password since then. I hope that wasn't a detrimental mistake.
dcfox1
Master
Master

Beside the money scam giving the log in and password which is good you changed it. This is part of the reason 2FA is a standard now for most security cams. There have been multiple post with the same situation as yours here.