Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One camera has a motion detection issue, Netgear expects customer to pay for shipping

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bamboo70
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased 5 Arlo Pro Cameras in May 2018, spent nearly $700 for it. One camera had a motion detection issue, and I had to turn it on/off -> initiate manual recording to make it work again. Had to do this every once in 2-3 weeks whenever the motion detection stops working, which was really annoying. After chatting with a Netgear CS representative, they confirmed it is a hardware problem thus need to be replaced. Got a RMA for it (Case #: 40213274). Now the problem is, I have to pay the shipping fee out of pocket to return this defective product back. Doesn't make sense at all. It's only 2 months from the date of purchase, and even during this 2 months I had to do some workaround myself several times to make it work. And now I need to pay extra to have it fixed?? This is insane. I raised this concern to the CS representative on July 18, but as of today July 25, I have not received any feedback. This is very frustrating. I understand if the product was out of warranty then I need to pay for the shipping fee and also parts and labor to have it fixed, but it's just 2 months from the date of purchase! If Netgear is not willing to change this crazy policy then I'm going to send the entire unit back to the retailer for a full refund. Not happy.

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The retailer won't replace the faulty camera for you?

bamboo70
Aspirant
Aspirant

Waited for 2 weeks, no response from Netgear. I'm returning back the whole system. Everyone here should be really aware of their exchange policy. Even it's a defect product, YOU NEED TO PAY to ship it back and have it exchanged. Mine broke in just 2 months from the date of purchase. Why do I need to spend extra $$ to have it fixed??