Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One battery in package was dead? Arlo Pro 2 with 2 cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Snapcrackler
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought Arlo Pro 2 with 2 cameras today. Upon inserting batteries into both cameras and attempting to sync, one cam flashed amber and would not sync, the other cam sycned fine and showed 100%. Suspected low/dead battery and swapped batteries in the 2 cameras to see if both cameras flashed amber with the suspected low/dead battery and they both did, when dead battery was installed. 

Got dead battery cam to sync after some fussing around plugging/unplugging/removing and reinserting battery. It did sych for a few minutes. A Plugin icon showed up  for several minutes on the dead battery cam, and then changed to a lightning bolt icon and 0% charge. It stayed at 0% for appx 20min and then timed out. 

I have tried removing/reinserting the dead battery before and after unplugging/replugging the power and USB adapter per troubleshooting instructions. 

In summary, the camera with the low/dead battery does not seem to be charging correctly and is having great difficulty syncing well enough to show me battery charging status. Any suggestions would be appreciated thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The fastest thing to do is swap the system at the store. Alternatively, open a case with support here.

Snapcrackler
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will do. Thank you for the reply on this. I will update after I get it swapped out.