Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One Trigger Event, Multiple Recordings?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
PittCaleb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Over the weekend, I re-configured my cameras such that I have 2 pointing to the front of the house.  

One is primarily for the front porch, but catches the driveway and some of the street

One is primarily for the driveway, but catches a lot of the street and the porch in its periphery.

I have noticed that if the Porch camera triggers as a car enters from the south, it starts recording for 16 seconds.  It only captures a car for maybe a second at most, and s side view - kinda useless if I needed to go back to this video.

That car, captured in the porch camera, is NEVER seen in a recording on the Driveway camera which should have a very clear view of the car driving down the road.

So my question - can 2 cameras record at the same time?  From my experience yesterday, I am presuming not.

I believe my solution will be to now drop the sensitivity of the porch camera such that it does not pick up the cars on the road at all - compeltely unnecessary now, and set the Driveway one higher so that it is the only one which would get them - and it will always have a better view, so this is fine.

I would like them both to record based on their own triggers though.  Say someone drives up and parks in front of my house.  Driveway cam would start the capture.  But if it is still activated when they walk up to the porch, I would definitely want that camera to be recording for much better facial capture.  I might need to tweak the angles some for less overlap, but does anyone have any thoughts on how to best accomplish this swap of recording to ensure the best images are captured?

PittCaleb

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

create a custom mode ( add a mode ) with the following rules

A senses > A records

B senses > B recordes

A senses > B records

B senses > A records

You should get two recordings...set all fro the same time amount

note** when creating new mode , enter the first camera and save... to add more cams/rules EDIT the same Mode

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
PittCaleb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thx, I have some custom modes already, will work on setting this up at lunch and see if I don't see a difference in the afternoon.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy
Also, make sure you set the Sensitivity detection lower or higher than the other else one of them will not record.. Do this if you intend both cameras to record at the same time..